- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Finance and Employee Services, University Services
Salary: $77,207 - $83,573 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Research Accountant is a member of the Research Accounting Services Team which sits within the Finance and Employee Services portfolio.
About the role
The Research Accountant supports the University's research community in delivering high quality research outcomes by ensuring accurate, compliant and timely financial, accounting and audit services.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple funding source account reconciliations, preparation and authorisation of financial statements and application of financial governance principles.
- Experience in interpreting policy and contract conditions and provide advice, analysis and reasoned recommendations.
- High degree of computer literacy and numerical data analysis skills - particularly Excel. Experience with Oracle ERP and GL Wand would be an advantage.
- High level attention to detail, organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads in a high-volume environment to ensure timely delivery of reports.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 5 Mar 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time