- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Team Leader, Enrolment Coordination is a member sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
There are two Team Leaders Enrolment Coordination who together are responsible for the delivery of enrolment-related services at a very high standard to coursework students and colleagues across the University. These services are generally time-critical, and significant in size and importance to students and the broader University. Examples include: study plan management (e.g. application of credit, course completion management, assisting students with enrolment variations); academic progress, co-ordinating re-enrolment, and enrolment audits.
The Team Leaders require superior organisational, interpersonal and problem solving skills, and an ability to lead, motivate, coach and train the team members that contribute to these services. The Team Leaders must also be passionate about continuous improvement and innovation, and able to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative relationships with colleagues from across the University.
Each Team Leader has ~ 8 direct reports and 3 indirect reports, and casuals assist during peak periods. The Team Leaders working very closely together, and with other colleagues, to ensure that services are seamlessly integrated and comprehensive, and continually finessed.
- Completion of a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Extensive experience delivering high quality enrolment services in a tertiary education setting. This includes understanding the student lifecycle, the interdependences between activities, and the academic and personal challenges experienced by some students.
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams in a complex and challenging service setting.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relations with a very wide range of colleagues.
- Well established problem solving skills, including an ability to use relevant evidence and policies, address problems that involve multiple stakeholders, and to promptly implement agreed solutions.
- Proven ability to proactively lead, deliver and continually refine high volume and time-critical enrolment-related activities that entail excellent attention to detail and coordinating contributions from a large cross-University team.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 5 Mar 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time