Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
$77,207 - $83,573 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Team Leader – Research Infrastructure and Strategy Support is a member of the Major Initiatives, Contracts and Grants Team which sits within the Research, Innovation and Commercialisation portfolio.
About the role
The University invests in state of the art research infrastructure to attract and retain excellent research staff. Such investment requires the attraction of funding from government and other sources, with appropriate operating models to ensure long term success. The development of major research infrastructure also requires partnerships with various other institutions, both in the precinct and in other regions.
The Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Program (MCRIP) looks to improve the coherence and consolidation of a University-wide approach to research infrastructure provisioning. Under the leadership of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Infrastructure and Systems), and with support of the Melbourne Collaborative Research Infrastructure Committee (MCRIC), Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) supports the delivery of the Program.
The Project Officer (Research Infrastructure) will be a key position in delivering Chancellery strategic objectives by providing administrative and project support to MCRIP.
The appointee will have:
- Completion of a degree in a technical discipline [e.g. engineering, science, biomedical or related] is required with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to provide project support in a tertiary institution, research institute or similar, including support to senior management and committees.
- A customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with high level written and oral communication skills including the capacity to communicate with colleagues on research policies, preparation of correspondence, reports and briefing notes.
- Knowledge of the research and research infrastructure environment, with particular emphasis on the university sector
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the capacity to meet deadlines and effectively balance competing demands, and to work effectively under pressure both independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated project management or event management capability. High level of attention to detail and accuracy with the proven ability to prepare high quality documentation and the capacity and confidence to deal with a wide range of constituencies
- Demonstrated ability in the effective use of computer applications (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint), Internet browsers, and databases (e.g. MS Access).
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus; whether it's lunchtime music events or free public lectures, there is always something to attract your interest. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 30 March 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time