- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $53,249 - $58,794 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focussed on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Early Childhood Educator (Certificate III) sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The University of Melbourne's Children's Services is recruiting Early Childhood Educators (Certificate III). This is a full time fixed term position. We need skilled and committed Educators who can plan and deliver programs, reflect on their work and who enjoy building relationships with young children and their families. In addition, the successful applicants will be able to work well in a team and understand the expectations of the National Quality Framework, including 'Belonging, Being and Becoming', the National Early Years Learning Framework.
Attractive salary and conditions, well-resourced centres, and professional development opportunities. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply with consideration given to all applications. Nine day fortnight.
Join our team as we implement the National Quality Framework by providing high quality, innovative early childhood programs for the children of staff and students of the University.
- Approved Certificate III level qualification in children's services or approved equivalent qualification, with relevant experience in long day care or other early childhood settings.
- Understanding of the National Quality Framework, including the National Quality Standard, Early Years Learning Framework and Regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to provide feedback to families and colleagues.
- Ability to actively reflect on practice, and willingness to engage in continuing professional development, contribute to the centre program, and participate in research projects as appropriate.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 3 Apr 2017
Position Description and Selection
PD Early Childhood Educator (Certificate III).pdf
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer
the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time