- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Number of positions: 2
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Senior Partnerships Officer: Cultural and Community Engagement will take a leading role in the coordination of the University's Engagement priorities and strategic partnerships with industry, NFP, government and other public and private sector organisations to grow the impact and benefits of these collaborations. These responsibilities will be underpinned by the objectives of the Engagement at Melbourne Strategy, in particular the following Keystone Engagement Programs: Cultural Impact, Engaging Melbourne's West, Engaged Campus Neighbourhoods and Goulburn Valley. Working across Chancellery Engagement and the Business Development team within the Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) portfolio, the incumbent will provide support and advice to the Associate Director Cultural and Public Engagement and Strategic Engagement Partnership Manager in Chancellery.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your leadership skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong working relationships.
- you will have completion of a degree, with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and written communication skills (including correspondence, activity analysis, report writing, and liaison with external parties and internal stakeholders)
- Experience working in or with cultural and community organisations and an understanding of the policy and operational context of the cultural and community sectors nationally and/or regionally
- Experience supporting partnerships at a higher educational institution and/or industry, government or public/private sector organisation
- Extensive experience in the provision of a range of administrative support to senior staff with a capacity to exercise diplomacy and discretion and a proven ability to handle information in a confidential and appropriate manner
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus; whether it's lunchtime music events or free public lectures, there is always something to attract your interest. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 2 April 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria.
You will also be required to provide a sample of writing with your application that demonstrates your writing style. The sample of writing can be a report, plan, proposal, strategic document or article.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time