- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $115,726 to $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Service Delivery Manager is a member of the Stop 1 Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Service Delivery Manager plays a critical role in driving the success of the Stop 1 service model by:
- Effectively managing the 360,000+ first level enquiries received annually from our diverse customer base, ensuring that shifting enquiry management demands are supported by agile resourcing
- Leading a team of senior Student Services Delivery staff in overseeing a team of service professionals who provide timely and accurate support
- Working collaboratively with other senior Managers to drive exemplary customer service and meet agreed service targets
- Ensuring that rigorous recruitment, quality assurance, and coaching/training frameworks are in place to drive high quality service delivery
- Analysing data and trends to ensure that effective resourcing is in place to meet business need and that staff have the range of skills needed to excel in their roles and work flexibly across service channels and locations
- Proactively planning, developing and implementing initiatives to support continuous service improvement
- Identifying opportunities to enhance service integration, share knowledge and skills, review business practice and encourage innovation at a cross-team level
- Postgraduate qualifications with relevant management experience, or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- High level customer service skills, with a passion for providing high quality service delivery and driving service innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to drive successful outcomes
- Experience leading change, building cohesive teams and nurturing a positive, inclusive service culture
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 1 Jun 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time