- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $99,199 to $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Service Operations Manager is a member of the Stop 1 Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Service Operations Manager plays a critical role in supporting the various service teams co-located in the Stop 1 space by:
- Providing ongoing management and coordination of shared facilities and resources
- Supporting the systems that underpin Stop 1 operations and driving client-based system improvements
- Designing reports, analysing performance, offering solutions and making recommendations for improvement
- Proactively planning, developing and implementing activities and events to support the student enrolment cycle
- Identifying opportunities to enhance service integration, share knowledge and skills, and encourage innovation at a cross-team level
- Ensuring a consistent user experience across student-facing services through the implementation of clear, negotiated business practice protocols and procedures.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Sound experience working in service delivery environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership, build a positive and cohesive team, lead change, and successfully drive a culture of continuous improvement
- High level conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgement, and the ability to develop and implement new ideas.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 1 Jun 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time