- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Advancement team is part of University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA).
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Divisional Advancement – STEM, the Head of Alumni and Stakeholder Relations – STEM performs a critical role within the STEM Advancement Unit.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of alumni relations strategies, engagement and events for the Faculties of Science, Veterinary and Agricultural Science, Architecture, Building and Planning and the Melbourne School of Engineering. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Advancement STEM strategies for alumni relations, and the subsequent programs and activities, are in line and coordinated with University’s advancement strategies.
You will manage a team of alumni relations professionals responsible for delivering a strategic and coordinated program of events, volunteering programs and alumni services that is focused on maximising engagement with alumni and friends. In order to do this you will work closely with the Director of Divisional Advancement - STEM and the Deputy Director, Divisional Advancement to develop and implement a strategic plan that delivers on the Faculty’s goals for alumni and stakeholder relations.
High-level relationship development and interpersonal skills, staff and volunteer management skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and to influence colleagues and stakeholders are critical to the effective delivery of this role.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis. Internal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline with extensive experience in alumni relations, communications and/or event management, or an equivalent combination of relevant extensive experience and education/training.
- Demonstrable record as a successful manager able to operate in a large, complex organisation.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, and demonstrated ability to create programs and communications to engage external audiences including alumni, supporters, donors, volunteers and friends of the University.
- Proven ability in budget management and planning processes with excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- High level of knowledge of and experience in strategic and operational planning and the organisational skills to ensure successful delivery of programs and services.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 6 Jun 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time