- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $157,633 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Business Analysis - Practice Lead is a member of the Business Improvement & Information Technology Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The BA Practice Lead, in collaboration with other managers in Business Improvement & Information Technology, will work with a significant degree of autonomy working with the Director to plan, develop, and manage the allocation of resources and activity prioritisation to ensure projects are successfully delivered across the range of portfolios.
This highly visible role will set up the Business Analysis team for success by maturing a best practice BA framework that will enable the business to achieve their outcomes and be responsible for the development of strategies to build the capability of the Universities BA practice. The BA team provide a suite of consultancy and advisory services with a strong focus on developing business cases and feasibility studies which reflect business needs, solutions and benefits and enable optimisation of financial and other investment in projects.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with significant relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant significant experience and/or education and training. AGILE / LEAN Six Sigma / BABOK / SAFe qualifications and experience is highly desirable
- Extensive leadership experience at a strategic level in a client centric environment.
- Demonstrated extensive experience as a Business Analyst across multiple industries and companies including business process mapping / modelling ,business impact analysis, data analysis and data visualisation.
- Evidence of commitment to driving continuous learning and best practices.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in leading, training and mentoring staff in Business Analyst capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in structured estimation, different estimation types and methods.
- Demonstrated experience in design thinking, facilitation and knowledge management.
- Evidence of exceptional stakeholder management, with the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 24 Aug 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time