- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $115,726 to $120,404 p.a plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Nurse Unit Manager is a member of the Health Service Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality nursing care to all persons who attend the Health Service.
This management position has direct responsibility for all registered nurses (including casual nursing staff) and nursing students on placement within the Health Service and also provides clinical governance for all nursing services.
The Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for the configuration and delivery of all services provided by nursing staff, and has an integral role in ensuring that such services meet the needs of the Health Service and the university. The role encompasses management of the nursing team as well the provision of nursing support to patients attending the practice. A critical element of this role is developing systems for the triage of patients in situations where presenting issues are unclear or there is uncertainty about the need for immediate medical intervention.
- Current AHPRA Registration as a Division 1 Nurse and qualification as a nurse immuniser
- Considerable experience in the management of nursing staff and the development of protocols and procedures for the management of a nursing unit within a General Practice or similar.
- High-level organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, including leadership skills and the capacity to initiate, embrace and foster change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage staff in a busy and dynamic clinical setting.
- Specific nursing and health promotion experience in the fields of sexual health, contraception, travel medicine and immunisation
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 24 Sep 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time