eTeaching, Academic Support Office
Faculty of Arts
Salary: $63,707 - $67,613 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Loans, Equipment and eTeaching Support Officer administers the suite of loan equipment used by staff and students for teaching and learning in the Faculty of Arts. The suite of loan equipment includes high-specification cameras, recording equipment, edit suites and laptops.
You will be responsible for: making recommendations for use of equipment, equipment and edit suite booking management; training and support in equipment use (including in the classroom); support in the teaching context with AV/ video conferencing tools and other technical support; purchasing equipment/hardware/software; maintenance and asset management; and copyright awareness for digital media materials used in teaching and learning.
About you - skills and attributes that will be highly regarded:
- Knowledge of IT, audio visual and camera equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook, and digital communication software systems (Adobe Connect, Skype, Zoom).
- Demonstrated service orientation that includes a strong customer focus and effective communication
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly organised manner with the capability to manage one’s own time and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and adhering to documented processes
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team and to develop productive working relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Demonstrated flexible and open minded approach to new challenges as well as an ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 24 Sep 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time