- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Australia India Institute
Chancellery Academic & International
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About the Australia India Institute
The Australia India Institute is a national centre of excellence on India-related matters.
The Australia India Institute wields significant influence in reshaping and developing relations, perceptions and scholarship opportunities between the two democracies of India and Australia. The Institute has developed a strong reputation in foreign policy, research, education and the arts. Its publications, international conferences, public seminar series, federally-funded study and internship programs, are changing Indian perceptions of Australia and have created opportunities for partnerships across key areas of the relationship.
The Institute is funded by grants from the Australian Government, the State Government of Victoria and the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Based in the Australia India Institute within the Operations team, the Events and Programs Adviser is responsible for planning and delivering the Institute’s annual calendar of events in collaboration with the Operations Manager and the Media and Communications Adviser.
As Events and Programs Adviser, you will ensure the provision of a high-quality program across a broad range of activities including international conferences, public lectures, art and culture programmes, academic and business seminars. You will be responsible for arrangements for the hosting of local and international visitors by the Institute.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Events and Programs Adviser will develop and implement an engaging annual calendar of events that appeals to the Institute’s diverse stakeholders, both locally and internationally, including academic, government, business, community and the Indian diaspora.
This exciting full-time position is available for 12 months.
- Completion of a tertiary degree in a relevant discipline or relevant work related experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education
- Demonstrated understanding of, and extensive experience in, events management and its key components including arrangements for venues, catering, preparing and interpreting hirer/user service agreements
- Proven ability to work independently, exercising initiative, and the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Established proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and MS Outlook, CRM databases
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with demonstrated high level ability to liaise and work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds and varying seniority levels
- An interest in, and knowledge of, India and Indian affairs is desirable
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 27 Sep 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time