- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
In 2013, the University of Melbourne launched its first fundraising campaign in sixty years and, in 2015, the Believe Campaign met its original philanthropic goal of raising $500 million two years ahead of schedule.
Based on this remarkable success, the University decided to extend the Believe Campaign to 2021, expanding the fundraising target to $1 billion and creating a new alumni engagement target alongside our philanthropic goal: we will engage 100,000 alumni as active supporters of the University by 2021.
The University has committed strongly to the Believe Campaign and it represents one of the key priorities for activity to 2021. The management and delivery of an Advancement Events Program is a major component of this work.
About the role
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Alumni and Stakeholder Relations and Head of Alumni Relations, the Manager Advancement Events will lead the coordination and delivery of alumni, Campaign and cultivation events. Working closely with the Alumni & Stakeholder Relations team, the Donor Relations team and members of the Advancement Leadership Team, the incumbent will deliver major events that connect alumni and major potential donors with the University. With an extensive knowledge of, and networks across, the University, this role will drive improvements in the coordination of alumni and donor events that will impact on future years.
As Manager Advancement Events, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that all University-wide Advancement events are coordinated in the context of the Campaign, that there is consistent quality and that there is a focus on delivering events that provide exceptional experiences for alumni, donors and potential donors to the standard expected of a world-class institution.
In this role, you will be accountable for the successful management of each event. This will rely on developing a collaborative approach and negotiating for resource allocation, drawing on expertise from other teams, and on mentoring staff in the conduct of each event.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- A tertiary qualification and/or subsequent relevant experience in event management.
- Proven ability and experience in events planning and management and operational planning, and the organisational skills to ensure successful delivery of programs and services.
- High-level verbal and written communications skills, including a demonstrated creative ability to deliver high quality and creative events.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large / high profile / complex events and activities within designated budgets, including managing suppliers, allocating resources and the recruitment and management of volunteers.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, handle sensitive information with sound judgement, and effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills, including the ability to use initiative, prioritise tasks in consultation with stakeholders, and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 27 Nov 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time