- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Scholarships & Bursaries, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Scholarships Officer is a member of the Scholarships & Bursaries Team (Australia Awards) which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The University has specific contractual obligations and responsibilities in relation to the execution of the Australia Awards Scholarship (AAS) program which is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, the Senior Scholarship Officer is responsible for the administration of Australia Awards scholarship entitlements, the development and coordination of student recruitment, engagement and support programs, and the managing welfare and incident support for awardees.
This position is responsible for student services and liaison including general welfare support, monitoring course progress, managing complex stipend and allowance enquiries, general communications with AAS awardees and coordinating mentor programs. In addition, the incumbent assists other team members in providing services and administrative support in relation to the AAS program and other scholarship provides by the University.
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Strong service orientation – ability to consistently provide high quality service, anticipate the needs of others, and exercise tact, judgement and discretion when working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Organisational skills – coordinating complex processes, with both administrative and customer service components, across multiple stakeholders and organisation units, and within a specified timeframe.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 14 Jan 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time