- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Science Gallery Melbourne
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About Carlton Connect & the Science Gallery
The University of Melbourne is developing Australia’s leading innovation precinct on the former site of the Royal Women’s Hospital. Industry, researchers, government and the community will co-locate within the new precinct and collaborate to develop innovative solutions to major societal challenges. The University also intends for the precinct to be a place which will contribute to the local community, and where people will gather to live, work and play. It will also host shops, cafes, public spaces and the Science Gallery Melbourne.
Part of the Science Gallery International network, Science Gallery Melbourne will provide a bold, provocative and future-focussed new experience for Melbourne. The Gallery is focussed on inspiring young adults through the collision of art and Science.
About the role
The Creative Producer: Innovation is responsible for delivering a compelling program of public facing events that bring together stakeholders within the innovation community. Embedded into the University of Melbourne, the role will drive programming for Carlton Connect and the Melbourne Innovation District.
Working alongside Science Gallery Melbourne, Carlton Connect and the Melbourne Innovation District, the position operates in a highly collaborative environment. The Creative Producer: Innovation will be expected to make a significant contribution to a creative work environment, and to work in an interdisciplinary manner with faculties and external stakeholders to ensure the program reflects issues and questions relevant to the University and exciting to entrepreneurs. The role is outward facing and provides exceptional stakeholder and customer service.
This exciting full-time position is available for 12 months.
- Experience in delivering programs and events that bring together an entrepreneurial community including start-ups, academia, venture capital, industry and government;
- A high level of creativity and the ability to scope and deliver programs such as hackathons that inspire disruptive thinking;
- Experience in developing partnerships and programs with industry and government stakeholders;
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills and strong networks and relationships within innovation communities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to structure, engage and present information clearly and a strong social media activation;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a tertiary environment and in informal social settings;
- Qualification in a business, innovation or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 4 Jan 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time