- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $88,171 – $95,444 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Regular Giving and Direct Marketing, the Regular Giving Coordinator – Direct Mail is responsible for assisting with the delivery of all regular giving programs to increase philanthropic giving to the University.
As Regular Giving Coordinator – Direct Mail, you will take on the Direct Mail (and supporting eDM and web/social content) and crowdfunding portfolios of work to gain support from individual donors; primarily alumni, staff, students and members of the wider University community.
The annual giving program currently solicits donations through direct mail (DM), electronic direct mail (eDM) and associated social media, a telethon program, staff giving, and an on-campus student appeal. These programs are undertaken on behalf of faculties and divisions across the University. The annual giving program focuses on donations varying in size from a few dollars up to several thousand dollars.
As a member of the Alumni and Stakeholder Relations Team and under the guidance of the Head of Regular Giving and Direct Marketing, the Regular Giving Coordinator – Direct Mail will contribute to the delivery of the calendar of activities with particular responsibility for the planning and delivery of DM appeals whilst also offering assistance in other Regular Giving initiatives.
This exciting full-time position is available for 2 years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and copy writing experience both for DM and eDM purposes
- Knowledge of DM best practices in design, copy writing and segmentation
- High level of professional information technology skills, including a proficiency in Database Management and experience in Data Quality Assurance practices
- Experience in working on annual giving programs and/or fundraising initiatives
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- High level of organisational skills and the ability to exercise initiative and effectively prioritise workloads to meet competing deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a team member
- Strong people skills with a high level of cross-cultural awareness and ability to liaise with a broad and diverse range of people
- A strong affinity for the institution
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 17 Dec 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time