- Play a part in transforming Australia's number 1 University
- Career growth opportunities, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements
- First-hand exposure to some of the world's leading digital and data research and innovation
Chancellery Digital and Data, Administration and Finance
Salary: A competitive salary plus 17% superannuation. An additional market loading will be considered for the right candidate.
About the Digital and Data team
The Digital and Data team is a new team, responsible for setting the strategic digital and data agenda for the University of Melbourne. It exists to enable more confident, timely and connected responses to digital and data opportunities and risks.
The Digital and Data team is agile and collaborative in its approach, which includes exploring new ways of operating and delivering existing services within the University. An innovative digital platform is a critical enabler of the broader University strategy to complete and deliver impact at scale.
The Digital and Data team forms part of the Administration and Finance portfolio within the Chancellery which has the special responsibility of ensuring the allocation of human and capital resources is optimally aligned to deliver the University's Growing Esteem strategy.
About the role
The Digital Innovation Advisor works with the Director of Data and Digital, and is responsible for supporting the strategies, policies and processes that will help to drive sustainable digital capabilities across the University of Melbourne.
As the Digital Innovation Advisor, you will add value by:
- Providing expert advice on digital strategy and business architecture it requires, with a critical eye for assessing emerging technology trends that will impact the University of Melbourne
- Leading and help implementing the digital strategy for the University, as well as related policy and governance frameworks. Connect the digital strategy with broader strategic, operational, enterprise technology roadmap and commercial digital priorities across the University
- Leading the design of a Digital Living Lab framework and related platform(s) to support faster, more visible and more connected rapid prototyping in partnership with key stakeholders
- Influencing the institutional capabilities needed for the University of Melbourne to implement its digital strategy
- Working with the Director of Digital and Data to meet financial targets, set digital service levels and metrics for Chancellery and identify new opportunities to engage people around the University of Melbourne’s digital strategy and policies, and make these better.
- Building collaborative working relationships with other teams across the University of Melbourne - as well as external partners - who have important contributions to develop and deliver the University’s digital strategy. Liaising and assisting the IT team and project sponsors in implementing online and technology projects
- Demonstrating thought leadership and digital best practice by example in creating new ways of working and shifting mindsets to new ways of thinking.
- Promoting increase of digital literacy across the university
What we are seeking in you
- Experience in applying Agile, Lean and Design Thinking methodologies and their practical application to projects, solution design or process improvement
- Strong ability to influence, persuasive communication, facilitation and consensus building skills
- A solid understanding of data and digital trends and technologies, and the ability to identify and assess opportunities, risks and challenges
- Experience developing and/or implementing digital strategy, policy and governance frameworks
- Ability to develop compelling value propositions and business cases for digital capability investments
- A self-motivated, flexible and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to pragmatically translate future vision into a set of clear, tangible and commercial deliverables
- Experience leading / playing an influential role in ‘digital’ transformation within a large and complex organization
- Strong customer-centered focus is, of course, a given.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
We invite you to express yourself in your preferred way, so your CV can be accompanied by a formal letter, a 'pitch style' video applications or ‘value proposition canvas style’ poster. All equally welcome, provided you address the key selection criteria in the position description.
There is no closing date for applications, however we will be actively assessing applications as they are submitted. If you are interested in this role we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please be aware that the role may need to be closed without prior notice.
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time