- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Business Analyst – Domain is a member of the Business Improvement & IT Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The Senior Business Analyst – Domain, will work with key business and technology stakeholders to provide pre-project and in-project engagement and analysis for initiatives that may be delivered as projects via ‘Business Improvement & IT’ delivery portfolios.
This role will provide early initiative lifecycle analysis to; elicit objectives, clarify scope, define high level requirements, confirm problem or opportunity statements, facilitate benefits identification and support formation of solution options.
This is a senior role that will contribute to the ongoing uplift in capability of the BA Practice through identification and utilisation of best practice analysis, engagement and delivery approaches, driving thought leadership and assisting with coaching/mentoring for BA Practice peers.
Three positions are available.
- The appointees will have a relevant postgraduate qualification with significant relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant significant experience and/or education and training
- Experience in Enterprise/Strategic Analysis roles; blending strong interpersonal and analysis skills to perform preliminary analysis for initiatives/projects; to facilitate investment slate(s) and/or portfolio pipeline creation
- Significant experience in business requirements analysis and specification in a large and complex organisation with a proven ability to deliver complex user specifications and/or detailed business requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, persuade, negotiate and develop strong working relationships with senior stakeholders across the University and University Services
- Ability to lead and mentor program/project based analysis teams for efficient and effective delivery of analysis outcomes.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 11 Feb 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time