- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
You will support the activities of the Advancement Office's Regular Giving team with the generation of descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights and providing suggestions to improve practices and produce growth.
You will focus on developing and utilising data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics, and you will consult with and advise the team to help them achieve complex market segmentation outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include
- extracting data for use in contact lists, data analysis, benchmarking studies, behaviour modelling and determining segmentation methods;
- generating insights and reports into Regular Giving initiatives, including developing analytical reports to show trends, patterns, correlations and outliers to increase philanthropic support; performing Quality Assurance checks;
- developing predictive analytic models to predict stakeholder behaviour; and
- providing advice on stakeholder audiences and segmentation methods.
- Master practitioner level experience in using PL-SQL and/or T-SQL within an Oracle environment to develop reports; and
- a demonstrated track record of providing advice on business practice and productivity improvement based on report and data analysis.
You also have
- a working knowledge of BI tools (such as Microsoft BI, COGNOS, Oracle BI) and data visualisations such as using Power BI or Tableau; and
- experience in user acceptance testing and data auditing.
Skills in propensity modelling will be highly regarded, as will experience in the higher education or not-for-profit sectors.
How to apply
Please do not apply via the University website. We have engaged the consultancy Breen Recruitment to assist in this recruitment. To make a formal application, please send your resume and a covering letter addressing the Experience and Skills Required to email@example.com using The University of Melbourne Regular Giving Analyst as your subject line.
Please note that there is no closing date for applications as they will be assessed as they are received. We are likely to cease acceptance of applications once a short list is finalised for this position, so if you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible.
For a confidential discussion, call Wendy Lown on +61 414 229 827.
Position Description and Selection Criteria