- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
External Relations, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Student Recruitment Officer is a member of the Onshore Recruitment Team which sits within the External Relations portfolio.
About the role
The Student Recruitment Officer, as part of the Onshore Recruitment team, has specific responsibility for recruiting high achieving students in Australia into undergraduate study at the University. The incumbent is responsible for the Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program (KLDYS) and coordinates a range of on campus events, marketing campaigns and recruitment activities targeting this cohort.
- A relevant degree with experience or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience, education and/or training
- Experience and demonstrated ability to develop, implement and review student recruitment strategies
- High level planning and organisational skills and ability to co-ordinate programs and events
- An understanding of and interest in the secondary schools community and working with high achieving/gifted students.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 1 Feb 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time