- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can’t change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Senior Grants Officer will have responsibility for the coordination and provision of high quality research grants support services for health and medical funding opportunities across a broad range of disciplines at the University of Melbourne.
The position will have a focus on Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) sponsored grants and other opportunities that emerge with limited forewarning.
The role will work closely with other resources with RIC, MDHS, Chancellery and the University more broadly. Specifically, the position will work closely with the MRFF Coordinator and other MRFF support staff, providing administrative and strategic support as required.
Responsibilities include the planning and overseeing of workflow, task completion, relationship management and provision of specialist advice on all aspects of grants management from oversight of applications processes and advice to applicants through to reporting.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about supporting research, continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your leadership skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong working relationships.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education or training;
- Expert knowledge of grant funding programs and funding rules including grants management across the life-cycle (pre and post award);
- Success in a research administration support or project role, demonstrating initiative, personal drive, planning skills and excellent organisational ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Capacity to understand and communicate specialist and complex information very well to people from a range of backgrounds;
- Ability to work well with limited supervision as well as part of a team;
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus; whether it's lunchtime music events or free public lectures, there is always something to attract your interest. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Feb 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time