Centre for Youth Mental Health
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (Orygen) is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for facilitating the implementation of the financial electronic workflows for accurate and timely processing and payment of accounts payable and employee expense reimbursements (including corporate credit cards).
This role is also accountable for the completion of supplier and general ledger reconciliations, ensuring adherence to the company's financial delegation of authority, and maintenance of all non-staff wages expenditure via the accounting systems.
To be considered you will need;
- Experience in a high volume full function Accounts Payable role with high focus on accuracy, attention to detail and accountability.
- Experience in GST, FBT and payment in multiple foreign currencies
- Experience with month end reconciliations and reporting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve, improve processes and analyse trends
- High level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation
- Well-developed organisation and time management skills with the ability to work in high volume, high complexity and dynamic environments
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard application software such as the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Close date: 18 Feb 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time