- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Wellbeing Services, University Services
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Mental Health Nurse is a member of the Wellbeing Services Team which sits within the Academic services portfolio.
About the role
As Mental Health nurse you will be an integral member of the nursing team, providing holistic nursing care in accordance with the core values of the Health Service, University of Melbourne. You will deliver an advanced level of health care in a cross-cultural nursing environment.
This is a new position established to facilitate the provision of coordinated clinical care for people with mental health disorders who present, or are referred to the practice. The aim of the position is to provide improved access to mental health services, and improve outcomes in terms of recovery and relapse prevention. The position is fixed term for 1 year as a pilot with the potential for further terms.
The dominant patient population is young adults and is culturally diverse. Contributors to mental health issues can include academic performance anxiety, isolation and loneliness as many are under pressure to succeed and are removed from their support and social networks.
Although you will be supervised by the Nurse Unit Manager, the position encompasses considerable autonomy and you are required to exercise professional judgement and skill in the provision of a range of nursing services.
- Division 1 Nursing qualification with AHPRA registration in Australia or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training with a Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing and be Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) credentialed
- Proven experience in patient assessment/case management/individual and group therapy/mediation/recent acute inpatient and or community experience
- Demonstrated ability to deal with challenging behaviours and proficiency in recording patient care details electronically
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and independently and as a part of a team
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 25 Feb 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time