- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Policy & Projects
Salary: $88,171 – $95,444 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About Policy & Projects
The Policy & Projects portfolio includes five teams: University Governance, the Academic Board Secretariat, Strategy, Planning and Performance, Policy and Government Relations, and Major Projects. The Major Projects team oversees the development of business cases for significant University projects aligned with strategy and key partnerships, and works in partnership with University Services and academic divisions to support and monitor their progress.
About the role
The New Student Precinct will make a significant contribution to the transformation of the on-campus student experience at Parkville by delivering a world-class student hub for the whole campus community. It is envisaged to be a vibrant centre of activity that will co-locate student services and activities closer to the new heart of the campus, and to primary transport links. For further information visit the NSP website via the following link: http://students.unimelb.edu.au/student-precinct/home
Reporting to the Project Director, with day-to-day management by the Manager Communications and Engagement the Activations Officer will support the successful initiation, development, implementation and day-to-day programming for the NSP program of activations.
As Activations Officer, your responsibilities will include developing documentation in relation to the Project’s program of Activations, processing and managing finances and contracts, carrying out research into areas required by the Project, such as Learning & Teaching and student related infrastructure, and assisting in the facilitation of co-creation and activation related events, workshops and engagements.
You will be expected to have expertise in determining the activations that are appropriate for various communities and cohorts, and in successfully coordinating the implementation of those activations.
This exciting full-time position is available for 12 months.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to draft reports and funding submissions, or to provide similar support in a project environment
- Demonstrated experience managing small projects from ideation to delivery, including but not limited to projects involving place-based activation and/or transformation
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, other University work units and external organisations.
- Well-developed planning, organisation and scheduling skills, demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver designated outputs to tight timelines.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Research or Learning and Teaching setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and reliably follow through tasks to completion, on time.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 21 Feb 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time