- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Wellbeing Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Team Leader- Health Service, is a member of the Wellbeing Services Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
You will be responsible for the effective management and supervision of the administrative team, and operation of the Health Services reception desk and administration office having responsibility for maintaining local data management systems including appointment and client record processes. You will be involved in the initiation and implementation of actions that enhance the efficiency and the quality of administrative functions of the Service, and provides direct support and advice to the Manager in relation to a range of strategic activities and initiatives.
Your principal responsibility is to ensure that individuals seeking medical assistance are appropriately dealt with in a timely and professional manner, by providing supervision and direction of administrative staff, ensuring that current information is always available to the staff through effective communication channels, so that the operation of the reception desk is undertaken in an efficient and professional manner.
You will report directly to the Manager of the Health Service and supervise a team of administration staff including University employees and agency personnel.
- Completed of a degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Have experience in an administrative supervisory role, preferably in a medical practice using a computerised appointment and medical management software package
- Have experience in the management and monitoring of financial systems including general account reconciliation, ordering and resource management
- Have the ability to work collaboratively, positively and flexibly both in a team and independently, managing a wide variety of administrative tasks and adapting to change priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 28 Feb 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time