- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $63,707 - $67,613 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Student Services Representative is a member of the Student Contact Centre Team which sits within the Student Service Delivery portfolio.
About the role
Stop 1 is the home of student services online, on the phone and in person at the University of Melbourne, comprising a number of different teams, of which the Student Contact Centre is a part. The Student Services Representative position is an essential part of the Stop 1 team, responding to a broad range of enquiries in accordance with established business practice guidelines and referral protocols. This includes the accurate and timely provision of information to current students, future students, internal stakeholders and the general public, immediate transactional support for a range of activities, management of feedback and complaints, and appropriate referral for specialist assistance. The aim in all instances is to empower our customers to self-manage future enquiries as far as possible.
Under the immediate supervision of a Student Services Team Leader, the position works closely with all senior Student Contact Centre staff to ensure delivery of high quality, responsive customer service. The development of strong working relationships with staff across Stop 1 and the wider University is central to the role.
- Undergraduate qualification and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service and ability to manage pressure in a fast-paced, front-line customer service environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in effectively managing enquiries via phone, email, chat and in person.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly across a range of enquiry channels and activities between multiple service environments.
- Ability to apply sound judgement, be sensitive to individual circumstances, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 21 March 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time