- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Scholarly Services, University Services
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Professional Library Cadets are members of the Scholarly Services Portfolio which sits within Academic Services.
About the role
Professional Library Cadets work in teams of discipline-based librarians delivering professional library services that support the University’s academic and research programs. They support Liaison Librarians to provide scholarly literacy programs, research support, collection management and faculty liaison, and they also provide front-line professional information services at the Library's physical and virtual service points. Two cadetships are available in 2018 to work 4 days per week within their assigned library liaison team.
- You will have a recent relevant undergraduate degree in a discipline other than library and information studies. In 2018, we are seeking to offer cadetships to candidates with a degree relevant to arts (humanities and social sciences) and business and economics. However applicants with degrees in other disciplines may also apply. You must have a commitment to a career in librarianship and be enrolled to commence or continue enrollment in a recognised postgraduate library and information studies in 2018 and 2019.
- Demonstrate the University Services Values of University First, Service Excellence and One Team
- Demonstrate leadership potential, which may include evidence of leadership in voluntary or educational settings.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and numeracy skills
- Creatively use a range of social media and multimedia technologies, for example creating web pages, blogs, wikis or multimedia web based communications.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Mar 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time