- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Australia India Institute, Chancellery Academic & International
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Australia India Institute is a national centre of excellence on India-related matters. The Institute wields significant influence in reshaping and developing relations, perceptions and scholarship opportunities between the two democracies of India and Australia. The Institute has developed a strong reputation in foreign policy, research, education and the arts. Its publications, international conferences, public seminar series, federally-funded study and internship programs, are changing Indian perceptions of Australia and have created opportunities for partnerships across key areas of the relationship.
The Institute is funded by grants from the Australian Government, the State Government of Victoria and the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Based in the Australia India Institute within the Operations team, the Media and Communications Officer is responsible for planning and delivering the Institute’s Media and Communications program under broad direction, ensuring that events, research and the work of the Institute are made known to different public and academic audiences.
As Media and Communications Officer, you will develop and implement a vibrant, engaging and accurate media and communications service that provides a fully integrated communications service across multiple platforms (web, publications and social media) to enhance the reputation and profile of the Institute and its partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to advertise and promote events; produce website content and website management; manage the production and content of the annual report and other reports; engage in media liaison and press releases; prepare presentations; undertake editing and multimedia tasks including video and audio editing, management of social media; and maintain stakeholder contact lists.
This exciting full-time position is available until the end of June 2019.
- Completion of a tertiary degree in a relevant discipline and/or relevant work experience and education
- Understanding of, and experience in, the key components of media and communications, including web and online communications, publications, media and multimedia functions
- Ability to work independently, exercising initiative and paying close attention to detail, and the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and editing skills to ensure high quality publications and communications
- Developing expertise in Social Media website integration to optimize marketing opportunities
- Developing proficiency in using, designing, developing and extending web applications using relevant software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to liaise and work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds and varying seniority levels.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 25 Mar 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time