- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Academic & International
Salary: $99,199 – $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director (International) but working closely to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International), the Strategy and Policy (International Projects) Officer will undertake complex and varied project work, carry out research, draft documents and provide liaison to assist the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International), Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) and other senior leaders of the University in the management of projects and strategic initiatives in respect of the University of Melbourne’s International Portfolio.
In this role, you will participate in meetings, committees and working groups as required, coordinate and oversee specific activities and projects, and provide advice to senior academic and professional staff members on a range of matters related to realising the objectives of the University’s International Strategy.
You will be expected to be highly organised and work independently on a diverse range of tasks.
This exciting full-time position is available for 12 months.
- A degree in any discipline and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated strategic focus, ability to identify opportunities and work to strategic direction.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to understand complex issues and deliver desired outcomes with confidence.
- Demonstrated focus on achieving timely results, ability to use initiative and to be flexible and responsive to changes in requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and evaluate options and provide impartial and forthright advice on complex matters.
- Demonstrated expertise in undertaking complex research and producing high quality written reports, briefing notes and complex documents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage varied projects, and achieve quality outcomes.
- Advanced skills in a range of computer applications, including email, electronic calendars, the MS Office suite and the ability to learn new applications.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 26 Mar 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time