- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Business Systems Analysts are responsible for supporting business improvement activities within Academic Applications Management Team to improve the student experience through the improvement of existing information systems. This will be achieved through rigorous application of process engineering methodologies, systems analysis and domain expertise.
Business Systems Analysts are responsible for engaging with stakeholders across the University to ensure that current business process is supported, contributing to the resolution of change issues and utilising the systems in development and test software development lifecycle. As well as supporting processes for domain groups for test and document purposes.
- The appointee will have:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Qualifications in IT, Business or other relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education
- Significant relevant experience in a university environment with domain knowledge of Timetabling & Curriculum, Student Fees, Admissions process and Graduate Research processes.
- Desirable knowledge in Agile Methodologies
- Desirable knowledge in Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate the University Services Values of University First by acting in the best interest of your employer; displaying Service Excellence by striving to deliver beyond expectations and taking ownership of the delivery; and value working collaboratively as One Team, connecting with people and building relationships in your workplace.
- Establish strong verbal and communication skills; with proven ability to adapt to multiple stakeholders from varying contexts
- Extensive, analytical experience with evidence-based practice knowledge and the ability to lead through a complex landscape
- Proven knowledge in university administration processes such as timetabling and curriculum, student fees processing and student admissions process with business process improvement experience in these domains.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 25 Apr 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time