- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Major Projects, Policy and Projects
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About Major Projects
The Major Projects team leads the University’s strategically significant projects from the early idea stage through to project initiation. These are projects often involving an investment of more than $50 million, significant infrastructure development (physical and virtual), partnerships, curriculum reform and new operating models. After project initiation, implementation is led by the University’s delivery arm, Project Services, with Major Projects maintaining an oversight and evaluation role. The Major Projects team is part of the Policy and Projects portfolio in the Chancellery.
About the role
The Project Lead assists the Program Director and Portfolio Directors with activities associated with project start-up, initiation and implementation planning, and with oversight of project implementation. The Project Lead works closely on a day to day basis with Project Officers, Project Sponsors and stakeholders, drawing on resources within the Major Projects group, the broader University and external to the University.
As Project Lead, you will lead substantial components of projects including concept planning, options development, feasibility assessment and business case development, and produce high quality project documentation on a consistent basis. You will engage with stakeholders on behalf of the University for designated projects, providing accurate and timely information in both directions.
There are multiple exciting full-time Project Lead positions available for a fixed-term period of at least 12 months.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated project experience in complex environments, including the ability to translate strategy into tangible project outcomes and contribute to the planning, options development, feasibility assessment and business case development activity of projects with significant strategy, infrastructure and operational elements
- Experience in a specific domain area relevant to Major Projects, such as student experience, Engagement, STEMM or other
- Experience in the development of major construction and/or logistical and/or organisational transformation projects
- High level business acumen, including the ability to develop translate strategy and organisational objectives into project outcomes
- Ability to lead workstreams and/or project elements as well as managing oversight of multiple individual projects, including identifying and rectifying issues in cooperation with delivery teams
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining relations with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to operate in a highly complex matrix organisational structure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 25 Apr 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time