Melbourne School of Engineering
Salary: Attractive base salary plus 17% superannuation
Step into our world and discover an innovative Engineering School united by passion, excellence and collaboration. With a clear growth strategy and upward trajectory in place, we’re bringing this to life by partnering with leading businesses, industries and the government. This gives us the confidence to explore new territories, push the boundaries, build state-of-the art campuses and lead our School down exciting paths.
With the School rapidly growing in student enrolments, research activity and major initiatives in the pipeline, you will be partnering with the Executive Team and key stakeholders to develop business opportunities, reduce operational risk and provide current and predictive data with the aim of optimising performance in teaching, research and engagement activity.
In this very ‘hands on’ role, you’ll be responsible for a direct report and working as a high-level analyst to obtain briefings, provide analysis, share insights and offer solutions. You will produce current & predictive data with the aim of improving MSE performance and deliver expert analysis on all aspects of planning and operations with a focus on strategy, benchmarking, performance and overseeing student load management.
In this role, you will be:
- Driving impact of business decisions and flow on implications in relation to budgets
- Acting as a trusted advisor to provide sound advice and actively participate in planning strategic and operational activities across teaching, research and engagement projects
- Lead the delivery of project through overall scope, prioritisation and outcomes
- Perform analysis to draw pertinent insights from external and internal research, financial and market data, macroeconomic information, and other sources to develop a fact based current state lay-of-the land
- Contribute to the development of plans, including facilitating use of business metrics tools and datasets
- Provide updates on budget versus actual teaching revenue, conversion targets and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver these targets
- Undertake benchmarking activity with other universities and prepare performance reports and data collection
- Manage the risk management framework, including working with executives to review mitigation actions
What you’ll need:
- Ability to elicit, analyse and manage business requirements in line with strategies
- Advanced experience using Excel (including VBA) and analytical tools such as; Microsoft BI, Tableau, OBIEE and SPSS
- The capability to build relationships and credibility with cross functional stakeholders, including executive leaders
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and supervision in order to motivate, develop, empower and coach staff to achieve outcomes
- Proficiency in applying established technical and commercial principles
- A curious mind set with an aim of improving system effectiveness and efficiency
- Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving abilities considering holistic approach
- Relevant tertiary qualification; CPA is desirable but not essential
So, why us?
We’re are one of the largest employers in Victoria and home to over 100 centres and institutes of research. We recognise the value of diversity & inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better-balanced lifestyle. We offer you a dynamic workplace, one that values and leverages progressive ideas, capabilities and experiences and incredibly generous benefits. We believe all of this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals and for you to achieve your own ambitions.
How to Apply
Your application should include a CV and Cover Letter briefly outlining your Top 3 responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description. Please note, you will need to upload your Cover Letter under the "Selection Criteria" attachment file section.
While we take a look at your application, get to know us more by visiting our social media channels and website https://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/
Close date: 29 Apr 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time