- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Deputy Property Mangager is a member of the Space Management Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The Deputy Property Manager is a specialist team that delivers day-to-day operational management of the University’s property portfolio, focusing on the leasing components and administration of property acquisitions and disposals. The role delivers expert commercial advice on property strategies as required by the Property Manager.
The property portfolio is complex and distributed. It essentially comprises freehold titles, diverse leasehold, and multiple crown leases distributed across metropolitan and regional sites.
-The appointee will have: detailed and specialist knowledge and experience in matters relating to purchase and disposal of property; terms and conditions relating to leases, licences and other property agreements; and the rights, duties and responsibilities of the tenant and landlord.
- Relevant postgraduate degree with extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in the property industry in a similar role in a large organisation with management responsibility for a complex portfolio (preferably exceeding $100 million in value).
- Experience in lease and license negotiations, and preparing instructions to legal counsel (acting on behalf of lessor/lessee)
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 26 Apr 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time