Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Senior Grants Officer (Major initiatives, Contracts and Grants, MICG) will provide efficient and effective pre-and post-award support for research grants as well as assisting researchers and the University to meet obligations to research sponsors and collaborators. This may include support for international grants, grants under the Medical Research Future fund and other high value or strategic initiatives.
You will be required to work and move across MICG teams as required, and work across the grants lifecycle. You will exercise a high degree of independence, mature judgement and liaise directly with University of Melbourne staff and external parties. There will be scope to develop, maintain, and remediate where necessary, effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and Chancellery to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
You will be expected to lead or take a major role in the development of strategies and systems to enhance grant applications and manage application rounds.
Working collaboratively with MICG Managers and other team members, this role will provide advice, guidance and mentoring to Grants Officers on pre and post award matters for various funding schemes.
Three positions are available under this advertisement.
- A tertiary degree and/or relevant work related experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience providing service-oriented pre- and post-award administration of research grants
- Flexible and adaptable with demonstrated ability to work in different areas within a team
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 25 June 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time