Faculty of Business and Economics
Research Professional Services Unit (PSU)
Salary: $88,171 – $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
As a Senior Research Development Consultant you will be a key member of the FBE Research Development team. You will be responsible for providing high quality advice and support in the research income portfolio and be accountable for the coordination of Category 2-4 research income identification, application and reporting. You will contribute to the development of research income growth through high quality service provision to academics responding to a range of local and international income opportunities, and support the team with major rounds. The role also is pivotal in communications activities as they relate to research development and funding.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Research Development Consultant is situated in the FBE Research Professional Services Unit and is a key member of a high performing team that values diversity and continuous improvement. To be successful in this role, you will utilise your ability to form strong relationships with people across the organisation, and enjoy working with people to achieve results. Working with a high degree of independence, you will coordinate the portfolios of research income Category 2-4 and research communications.
- Extensive relevant experience and expertise providing high level research development support to academics and research stakeholders.
- Proven ability in coordinating and delivery of the development of a range of research funding applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, including academics, leadership and senior management, and the ability to influence.
- Excellent written interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to critically evaluate proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and flexibility, with a willingness to take on new challenges.
- High level organisational and time management skills.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial staff discount to eligible staff in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits.
Please refer to the attached position description for full details of the position responsibilities and selection criteria.
Close date: 26 Sep 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time