About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of an innovative and challenging program for three to five year old children. The incumbent will work in a team teaching environment with one group of children and form close relationships with colleagues, children and families. The teacher will engage in inquiry-based projects that include local communities.
- Bachelor of Early Childhood. VIT Registered Early Childhood Teacher.
- Strong understanding of National Quality Framework, UNCRC, ECA Code of Ethics, contemporary theory and practice of Early Childhood Education, a commitment to excellence in early childhood education and a passionate interest in arts based teaching and learning and education for sustainability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- 10 weeks early Childhood Teacher Leave
- A minimum of 8 hours non-contact planning time
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time