Work type: Full-time or part time (negotiable) Fixed-term for 2 years
Salary: $69,148 to $93,830 per annum (pro rata for part-time) plus 17% superannuation (Level A)
$98,775 to $117,290 per annum (pro rata for part time) plus 17% superannuation (Level B)
Level of salary is subject to qualifications and experience
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
Applications are invited for a Research Fellow who will work collaboratively with the Early Childhood Education and Care Research Hub within MGSE. The Research Fellow will work closely with the ECEC Research Hub’s leader to support the development of new research proposals, publications, and co-ordinate research activities of the Hub.
In addition to a tertiary qualification in Education, Child Development or related discipline, with Honours or Masters completed in the past 5 years, as the successful applicant, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in early childhood education and care;
- Research capacity commensurate with opportunity and knowledge and experience in research methodologies;
- High level research skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team;
- Excellent skills in English language academic and verbal communication; and
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon maintenance of a valid Working with Children check.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time