About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Working as part of the Scholarships & Bursaries team, the Scholarship Officer will primarily support the delivery of the Australia Awards Scholarship program. He or she will have a range of responsibilities including administering applications, managing enquiries from students and other stakeholders, assessing and disbursing scholarship entitlements, and providing transition and general welfare support.
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Highly organised, with ability to coordinate complex processes, with both administrative and customer service components, across multiple stakeholders and organisation units, and within a specified timeframe.
- Excellent communicator, in both written and oral form.
- Service-oriented, with ability exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time