About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The University of Melbourne’s Growing Esteem Strategy identifies student experience as a key enabler of quality student outcomes and places student experience at the heart of the ‘Melbourne Offer’. The University aims to provide students, irrespective of background, with an affordable, secure and supportive residence that allows them to thrive academically, socially and culturally. The Melbourne Offer identifies access to affordable, high-quality student accommodation as a key driver of a quality student experience, and an element able to support our diverse and globally mobile student communities.
The Accommodation Officer is situated within the Student Accommodation Unit, in Academic Services. The Accommodation Officer supports and assists in the day-to-day operations of the Student Accommodation Unit the University’s Melbourne Accommodation Offer. This includes: significant student system and accommodation system processing and reporting to ensure the timely issuing of accommodation offers to applicants; student advice and enquiry support; and liaising closely with internal and external stakeholders who are part of the Student Accommodation Program Strategy tier structure. This role will also support necessary communications, marketing and informational needs related to the Accommodation Offer, and work with other areas of University Services to ensure clear messaging for the offer across web and print collateral.
As part of the broader team the incumbent will contribute to assessment of the functional requirements for the Accommodation Offer. As required the Accommodation Officer will also provide support to the Manager of the Student Accommodation Unit to ensure partnership arrangements support the requirements and future roll-out of the Accommodation Offer.
The following ongoing responsibilities include: coordinating Accommodation Offer applications; allocating and advising students of their offer; coordinating acceptance process and liaising with providers regarding student placement; and student assistance/ helpdesk. The role will also be required to undertake any other duties as advised and will need to be adaptive and responsive to the changing requirements and operating context of Academic Services.
- You hold a relevant undergraduate qualification or have equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. You also have experience in using and supporting users with web browsers and database programs;
- You are able to interpret policy and procedures and provide clear advice to staff and students;
- Your past experience in a service orientated environment has been an example of commitment to high-quality client service; and
- You have proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with StarRez student accommodation application;
- Familiarity with Student One student management system; or
- Familiarity with and knowledge of student facing services.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
For full position information go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time