About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Event Administrator will support the Events team in delivering a wide variety of events, projects and services. The incumbent’s duties will include (but not be limited to): various administrative tasks; venue and service bookings; the preparation and administration of registration and ticketing pages and RSVPs; event assistance – both on the day of an event, as well as in the lead up to various events; and maintaining (and improving) various procedures.
- The appointee will have an appropriate qualification or progress towards qualifications and relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritisation skills -- in the planning, co-ordination and completion of tasks to meet deadlines.
- High level competence in the use of computer-based systems for word processing, email, databases, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time