About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Campus Assist Reuse Centre was started as a pilot programme in June 2012 and has since flourished into a permanent part of the Campus Services suite of services, facilitating the reuse of furniture and other equipment within the University.
The primary responsibility is to assist the Campus Assist Coordinator with the day to day running of Campus Assist and the Reuse Centre, including administrative and project support to the Campus Assist Coordinator as required. The incumbent will assist with the design and strategy of the Reuse Centre and participate in engagement activities.
In the course of providing this assistance, the position requires liaising with project managers, faculty, and other department staff to develop strong cooperative relationships to ensure the sustainable outcomes set out in the University Sustainability Charter are met.
- The appointee will have:A degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: with a proven ability to adapt to multiple stakeholders from varying contexts.
- Demonstrated product knowledge (Furniture and Information Technology).
- Self-driven, open, learning mindset with strong facilitation and coaching skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time