Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic and Social Research
The Melbourne Institute is Australia’s pre-eminent economic and social policy research institution. It undertakes high quality, independent and impartial applied research, and contributes to the development of public policy in Australia. The Melbourne Institute provides high calibre research to government, business and community groups. The Services Coordinator will work collaboratively with members of the team and staff across the Melbourne Institute to deliver a high level of service across processes and tasks which support the effective operation of the Institute.
About the role
The Services Coordinator is responsible for a team of staff that support the operational day-to-day activities of the Melbourne Institute. The incumbent will work collaboratively with members of the team and staff across the Melbourne Institute to deliver an excellent level of service across processes and tasks which support the effective operation of the Institute. Such services include, but are not limited to, purchasing and supplies, staff travel and support, asset/space management and OH&S compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, energise, and motivate staff deliver excellent customer service in a client-focussed environment.
- Outcome focussed project coordination including: planning, communication, implementation, to evaluation and reporting.
- High level organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads, work well under pressure, and organise own work and others to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions.
- Ability to interpret and provide advice on established policies and procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence, minutes and action-oriented reports.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with key research groups, academic and professional staff, students, and external clients.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria