In Advancement, we aim to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. The Advancement Office is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Development MDHS, the Senior Development Manager will assist in the development, implementation and management of Faculty fundraising strategies including a program of philanthropic priorities to generate income for the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
In this role you will focus on building and managing relationships with all current and prospective donors, to meet both annual income targets, and to build support for the Faculty and its partners. Working with a portfolio of 60-100 donors and prospective donors, you will be focusing on securing major gifts for the Faculty in excess of $100,000.
You will work collaboratively with other Advancement staff across the University, to ensure a consistent and well-coordinated advancement program is executed for the Faculty. This role will require you to demonstrate your strong affinity for fundraising in the health sector within a University and higher education context, while championing this mission both externally and internally.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (with extensive relevant experience focused on a significant major gifts component); or an equivalent combination of relevant extensive experience and education/training
- Extensive and demonstrated fundraising experience with demonstrable experience of working at a senior level to develop and execute a successful fundraising strategy, particularly in the areas of major gifts ($100,000+) and specific campaigns, as well as philanthropic grants and bequests
- Proven ability in budget management and planning processes with excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, appropriate to dealing with stakeholders and supporters including donors, volunteers and friends of the University
- High level skills in influencing, negotiating, motivating and communicating across a large, complex organisation where building organisational commitment to change agendas is challenging, and the ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time