Job no: 0046768
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Salary: $103,409 - $111,927 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - 17% superannuation
The Genomics Platform Group based in the University of Melbourne Centre for Cancer Research (UMCCR) is seeking a Research Software Engineer to help manage genomics data in a clinical setting, grow the centre's role in applied genomics and support global initiatives. The incumbent will:
- Collaborate with academic and industry partners on deploying and developing a modern genomic data infrastructure.
- Drive developments in large scale data management, virtualization and cloud-based system deployment.
- Work with national sequencing initiatives to explore genomics data sharing technologies.
- Work with UMCCR staff to oversee the integration of a Laboratory Information Management System between sequencers and laboratory robotics.
- Mentor junior staff on best practices in software development.
- Advise UMCCR and University leadership on resource requirements for current and future genomics data management.