Salary: $91,913 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
About the Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
We have an opportunity available on a 3 year fixed-term basis. The position of Learning Designer in Learning Environments will focus on the design, development and adoption of innovative and flexible solutions which enhance the quality of learning, teaching and assessment in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The position will use sound instructional principles and methodologies oriented to best practice learning and teaching pedagogies and will be guided by the University’s Digital Learning Strategy.
You will have solid experience in the practice of learning design for online and blended education, with an established understanding of pedagogy in the contemporary learning context and a background in the development of frameworks for efficient and effective learning design.
The position reports to the Senior Learning Designer, Learning Environments and will be working on the University’s strategic teaching and learning initiative, the Flexible Academic Program, within the Learning Environments team.
You will have:
- An appropriate postgraduate qualification with extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Practical and project-based experience in the creation and implementation of effective educational design frameworks and methodologies which support the development and delivery of excellent learning environments and experiences.
- Practical experience of designing educational materials for enterprise learning management systems.
- Ability to work with and interpret client requirements in the design and development of educational technology resources or subjects.
- Knowledge of emergent trends in learning design and the educational application of social media, mobile technologies and rich media.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria