Job no: 0048527
Work type: Continuing, Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne School of Engineering
Department/School: School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Salary: $71,816 - $82,488 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
- Two (2) year fixed -term contract
- Strong attention to detail
- Curious; engaged and willing to learn and grow
About University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive and committed to respond to the major social, economic and environmental challenges of our time.
About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE)
MSE is entering an exciting juncture as we work towards transforming engineering, IT, research, and teaching, guided by our ten-year strategic plan, MSE 2025. With an expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future. MSE continues to attract the best staff and students with a global reputation and has a commitment to knowledge for the betterment of society.
We have a two-year fixed term opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly organised Executive Assistant who is proactive and flexible. You will be an integral team member supporting Professor Frank Caruso and his associated research group. You will also be part of the wider Department of Chemical Engineering team and assist with wider departmental administrative activities.
As the EA, no two days will ever be the same. On one hand, you’ll be responsible for providing efficient & effective administration and on the other hand, you will be supporting activities of the wider research team. You will build strong partnerships across the School and business service units to deliver effective and seamless support.
What you’ll be doing
- Diary management and administration support
- Coordinate meetings, minutes, book seminars and internal/external client meetings
- Coordinate onboarding activities for new team members
- Prepare and edit professional documents, newsletters, communication and correspondence
- Arrange travel itineraries, conference registrations and expenses
- Support wider School Administrative activities
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in a role where you have supported Senior Executives
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure to meet important deadlines
- Sound administrative skills with exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to build effective relationships and have a calm approach when dealing with challenging situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Office packages
- Flexibility to learn and take on new challenges
More about you
You will be someone who is resourceful and can pre-empt the needs of your stakeholders to help optimise their time. You will need to be confident, a self-starter, incredibly well organised with an adaptable with an approachable manner. You are able to manage multiple demands and be flexible with changing demands and exhibit a high level of confidentiality in relation to sensitive information. You will be an independent thinker, someone who enjoys suggesting improvements and must be able to engage with a variety of stakeholders and international guests.
How to Apply
Your application should include a CV and Cover Letter.
We ask that you briefly outline your Top 3 responses of your choice to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description in your Cover Letter. You will need to upload your Cover Letter under the "Selection Criteria" attachment file section.
If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be asked to complete and record a short video interview to set questions. This gives you a great opportunity to showcase your experience and aspirations.
While we take a look at your application, get to know us more by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.