Job no: 0049567
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Business Services
Salary: $71,816 - $82,488 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
About the Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The Capability Development Support Officer provides general administrative support to the Capability Development team and its stakeholders. Capability Development (CD) provides advice and partners with stakeholders to develop, coordinate and administer learning solutions. They are responsible for facilitating, coordinating and communicating whole of University training offerings (face to face and online through TrainME), as well as providing support for redeployment, and the University Appointments and Promotions Committee (UAPC) and Distinguished Academic Awards Committee (DAAC) meetings.
In this role, you will provide provide general administrative support to the Capability Development team. Another core function of your role will be providing high quality executive support to the University Appointments and Promotions Committee (UAPC) and the Distinguished Academic Awards Committee (DAAC). This includes committee meeting administration, provision of advice regarding committee requirements and working closely with HR colleagues from academic divisions.
Working under the general direction of the Consultant, Capability Development, you will support the Capability Development unit in providing excellent and responsive customer service, and will exercise a high level of confidentiality at all times.
This opportunity provides an organised, motivated individual the opportunity to work with a broad range of stakeholders and improve processes. This part-time (0.6 FTE) position is available to August 2020.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage time effectively, juggle competing priorities, work systematically and meet deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills, with the proven ability to draft high quality written documentation including agendas, minutes, briefs and correspondence. This includes exercising confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive matters
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills including an ability to relate positively and effectively with a range of stakeholders including senior management, and academic and professional staff
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity, showing adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to show initiative in organising one’s own work and undertaking continuous improvement activities
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria