Job no: 0049502
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the role
The Selection and Recruitment Officer will be a member of the Selection and Recruitment team. The incumbent will have a key focus in the selection area, and a supporting role in the recruitment area. This position is responsible in conjunction with the Manager, Selection and Recruitment for the management of reports and delivering operational excellence in the Faculty’s selection and recruitment team, to contribute to the achievement of its strategic objectives. The incumbent will use their knowledge and expertise to implement business process improvements.
You are an experienced Selections or Admissions Officer who also has the passion to be involved in the recruitment space. You take pride in the quality of your work and have demonstrated a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. This position requires the incumbent to also support Interstate and international recruitment activities.
The Selection and Recruitment Officer will work under the general direction of the Manager, Selection and Recruitment, and work closely with Academic Program Directors, Deputy Dean and Recruitment team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to deal with staff and students by demonstrating tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to develop effective mechanisms to assess and manage selection and recruitment outcomes, including effective methods for monitoring and managing performance against planned objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as contributing strongly to a team environment.
- Highly developed ability to organise and prioritise work, complete tasks within tight timelines, and manage competing priorities whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex information and data to solve problems and contribute to selection and recruitment business improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, design and build reports from complex systems and databases.
- Demonstrated experience with admission / selection processes and systems in a University environment.
- High level of computing skills, including knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs (MS Office).
- The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria.