Job no: 0046078
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Salary: $120,638 - $125,514 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The Senior Development Manager (SDM) STEMM assists the Development Directors and/Program Directors with activities associated with property strategy and initiatives, with a focus on major strategic capital projects led by the Estate Planning and Development team that have a STEMM focus. The SDM STEMM is required to demonstrate leadership and independence in planning, managing, executing and reviewing works and work programs across a portfolio of STEMM initiatives.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or an equivalent mix of education and relevant experience;
- Demonstrated strategy and project experience in complex organisation and/or operating environment
- Experience leading and/or coordinating substantial project and/or programs during the development phases of major projects and/or strategic initiatives
- Experience in STEMM strategies or initiatives and/or a relevant related domain area as it has informed the major strategic capital initiatives and/or programs
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess issues and risks, and including the development of cure plans and mitigation strategies
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria