Job no: 0042549
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Office of Vice-Chancellor's Office
Salary: $91,913 - $99,495 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
UoM is an equal opportunity employer and our recruitment process focuses on essential skills and abilities. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
In Advancement, we aim to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. The Advancement Office is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
A key role within Advancement, the Advancement Events Officer will be required to work across multiple events and activities simultaneously, ranging from intimate settings to large-scale events with complex stakeholder relationships. The incumbent will have exceptional organisational and time management skills, as well as outstanding levels of attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage these relationships.
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in event management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality and creative events within designated budgets, including managing multiple suppliers, allocating resources and recruitment and management of volunteers.
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, handle sensitive information with sound judgement, and effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills, including the ability to use initiative, prioritise tasks in consultation with stakeholders, and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a service delivery environment with a flexible approach and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: